Location is everything in the aerospace industry. Aerospace Park is situated at Tri-Cities Airport (TRI), a full-service commercial airport serving Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Western North Carolina and Eastern Kentucky. The property’s strategic position, halfway between Miami and New York City, is central to many vibrant communities and businesses.
Operating from the Tri-Cities offers companies unparalleled advantages. Our region is rich in community, innovation, and opportunity. Being a part of Aerospace Park not only opens the door for growth and expansion of your business, it also allows you to enjoy all the benefits of our region’s strong economy and active lifestyle.
About Aerospace Park
- 160 Acres
- Direct Runway Access
- 8,000’ Main Runway
- Certified for Immediate Development
- Close Proximity to Two Major Interstates (I-81 and I-26)
Aerospace Park is a 160-acre development site designed as a hub for aircraft-related maintenance, repair, and overhaul companies.
- Elevation: 1,519 feet
- Primary Runway 5/23: 8,000 x 150 feet
- Runway 23: Category II Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- Runway 5: Category I ILS
- Secondary Runway 9/27: 4,447 x 150 feet
- Runway 27: Precision Approach path indicator system
- Police and aircraft rescue and firefighting services available at TRI 24 hours a day
- All taxiways are 75 feet wide
- No operation, air traffic, or noise restriction problems
FOREIGN TRADE ZONE No. 204
- Grantee: Tri-Cities Airport Authority
- Supporting Members: Sullivan County, TN; Washington County, TN; Bristol, TN; Bristol, VA; Kingsport, TN; Johnson City, TN; and Tri-Cities Airport
- Zone Structure: Alternate Site Framework (ASF)
- Annual fee charged to FTZ users by grantee: $5,000, regardless of activity or size of activated area
U. S. CUSTOMS PORT No. 2027
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Port No. 2027 is a fully functional port located at TRI. The port services all modes of transportation, including air, truck, and rail. Shipments are inspected and cleared by U.S. Customs officers, who offer superior customer service to those who clear their goods locally and will even perform inspections at the importer’s facility. The port is also responsible for Foreign Trade Zone oversight and enforcement.
For assistance, contact:
Port of Tri-Cities, TN/VA
100 Cargo Center Drive
Blountville, TN 37617